Writer’s block wakes up all sorts of thinking that often represents the real me and even the real longings of my heart.
Why would Little House on the Prairie trigger such a heart fantasy?
Because deep down inside there is a part of me that wants to:
* find a small piece of land somewhere
* build a small frame house on this land
* walk to a creek on this land and sit and stick my hands and feet into the water
* go to town and stock up on monthly supplies
* stock a pantry with staples like flour and sugar and shortening and salt without fear of falling off some diet wagon
* work physically on this land until my neck sweats
* sit on the porch of my little house ,and when I am not reading books that I got when I went to town and stocked up, I will shell peas
* use chipped floral china, have white scratchy clean sheets (from hanging on the line to dry), and place wildflowers in a jelly jar on my old kitchen table
* write letters using a fountain pen.