Dear Daughters,* Beware of ‘trends in décor’. YOU are the trend- your heart, your soul, your creativity. Knock your own socks off. That is what matters.
* If you are dancing with someone to Brooks and Dunn's Neon Moon, and he just doesn't have the beat, take note. Neon Moon dances for you for goodness sake.
* Watch out for high blood pressure carriers. Remember Nonnie's (my mother's) famous line when asked if Papa (my father) had high blood pressure?
"No... he's a carrier."
* While you are young, value all of your friends- even if you are not particularly close or you do not always agree. Life has a way of coming full circle.
* Keep your love of old things- build your collections, and then start another one. Don't listen to the naysayers who chastise those of us who like old things or things in general. Until they've been bent over with their head in a box of junk at the flea market, they just don't know.
* There is nothing out in the world of busyness, or calendars, or having to be there, or I need to do this, or social obligations that can substitute for a day at home .
I hope you have your head in a box this weekend.
I will, and I will be thinking of YOU.