At this point in my life, I may not always have on makeup, I may be wearing my yard clothes and flip flops, but I do have on perfume.
That is a habit that is so easy to do, I didn’t feel the rebellious need to not do it.
Couple that with the fact that I am in one of my ‘use it up’ modes ( I will not buy more toiletries, cosmetics, etc. until I reach the end of what I already own…I think), and this morning after my yard work shower, I realized I am down to Royal Secret.
Does anyone remember Royal Secret by Guerlain?
Let’s go down perfume memory lane, shall we? In order from my youth to date, these have been my favorites:
1. Some sort of bath powder that was sprinkled around the edges of the bathroom in Grandmother Mills’s house, after her bath. It was in a tall metal container and was called talcum powder.
2. the scent of baby powder
4. Fame by Corday
7. Jungle Gardenia
8. White Shoulders
9. Estee Lauder’s Youth Dew
10. Estee Lauder’s Aliage
11. Dior’s Diorissimo
12. anything musk phase
14. Clinique Elixer- my standby- smells like my mother
16. Paloma Picasso
17. Anais Anais
18. whatever is on sale at SSB Perfumes, downtown McAllen
19. whatever is on sale at Marshall’s
20. Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle- my all time favorite
How about you?