In the interest of full fall disclosure, it is still in the 80’s and occasional 90’s here in South Texas.
What the weather really is and what it is supposed to be has never been a seasonal deterrent for me.
Fall is fall, and certainly by October, it SHOULD be fall.
Does that make sense?
So I am going on about my business pretending it is.
How do I do that?
As is the case with most simple things, I just begin.
Here is how I celebrate fall:
* By making Caldo de Pollo or simple Vegetable Beef Soup.
* By planning special ‘football’ food, like Queso Blanco con Espinaca, for all of the upcoming college football
* By moving all of my white pants into the guest room closet. I know, I know. This is old school.
* By beginning my search for caladium bulbs, which are hard to find where I live.
* By thinking about Thanksgiving and what I am going to cook.
After doing just a few of these things, it really is fall in South Texas.
How do you know it is fall?